Tuesday, January 11, 2011

S.A.T. Style Reflective Essay: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring

This is the film ' Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring'. I wrote a reflective essay in a S.A.T. style. I hope you enjoy it!
                                                                                                                                                                          

     I think that the teacher is trying to teach the student to be careful to animals. If we did the same thing to them, how would they feel? Also, I think the monk's way of punishing the student monk is very good.

     To be a real monk, you have to be calm, and try not to harm others. However, in this film, the student is attaching a stone around animals' body with a string and laughs about it. Actually, the student is wrong. Later in the film, the student finds two of  the animals he attached the stone is dead. They were both dead because of the string and the stone he played with. Like this, if we don't care about animals, then we might hurt them or even kill them. I once had a pet fish, but my friend, who was a troublemaker sometimes, played with the fish, unaware of what he is doing and accidentally killed it. That day, I felt very angry.
     If you do a bad thing, like killing a fish, then you have to get a punishment. However, these days if we do something wrong, then parents or teachers just hit you and that's it. I think this is a bad way of punishing students, because sometimes the student doesn't know what's wrong in his action.In the film, the monk ties a rope around the student a attaches the rock, and if he comes back with the animals dead, then he would carry that stone in his mine for the rest of his life.In other words, the monk decides to make the student regret by his experience. When I ate a junk food when I was not supposed to, my mom just scorned me without any way of punishing of what the monk did.

      As a conclusion, I like the way of monk punishing the student because he makes the boy regret by his own experience and also, we have to be more careful of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment